First Visit Experience
From the moment you walk through the door at Preventive Dental Care you are treated with respect and provided with caring, quality treatment. Below we have outlined a little of what you can expect from Preventive Dental Care during your first visit.
- Firstly we will review your medical and dental history forms an acquaint you with our office and team.
- You dentist at Preventive Dental Care in Deakin will then perform a comprehensive examination of your teeth and gums.
- An oral screening will be used to examine your occlusion (bite) and address any cosmetic issues.
- Low dose, digital x-rays will be taken if necessary , or if you have current x-rays from another practice, we will request you forward them to us prior to your appointment.
- Digital photos or impressions may also be taken to assist in making a thorough and correct diagnosis.
Following this initial examination, you will have a consultation with one of our experienced dentists, either Dr Mendes or Dr Kaushik to address any concerns, needs or desires that you may have. During this appointment you will be provided with a personalised treatment plan which will work with needs, time constraints and financial ability to provide you with a quality, comfortable and lasting dental solution.
Our Dentists And Practice Philosophies
Our dental team is committed to developing a long-term caring relationship with each of their patients. Unfortunately, there are many patients who have visited numerous dentists over the years and experienced less than satisfactory service. Time with the dentist was possibly hurried and impersonal, with no time devoted to their unique situation. Dr. Mendes and Dr. Kaushik will listen and communicate with you. They will spend time working to uncover individual problems and concerns and discuss treatment options to help you achieve the optimal results you desire.
Our dental team constantly pursues excellence in all facets of dental practice. If you are discriminating about your healthcare, this comprehensive relationship-based approach is both reassuring and satisfying.
Our goal, with your input, is to custom create a biologically acceptable, functionally enduring and aesthetically pleasing long-term result.
The goal of this experience is to understand your unique circumstances and to learn how to best work with and for you. We look forward to serving you and want to assist you in making these important healthcare decisions.